Monday, October 3, 2011

A Bit Disheartened

I have been taking LDN for over a month and have yet to see any wonderful results.  In fact, one of the first symptoms that I get when my thyroid hormone levels have dropped is EXTREMELY dry, itchy skin and I have started to get that this past week.  So, now I am concerned that I'm actually getting worse!

I will tell you this; a few months ago, I began taking my thyroid medication at bedtime.  I did so because I drink a lot of coffee in the morning and read that coffee can inhibit the absorption of your thyroid medication.  Since I was taking my throid meds at night AND taking the LDN at night (at the same time), I am now concerned that the LDN could have been blocking the absorption of my thyroid meds.  Granted, I am NOT a doctor and have absolutely no proof of this...it is just my own personal theory.

I go next week to have my thyroid levels tested again, so I will know more at that time.  In the meantime, I have decided to stop taking LDN, in hopes that my dry, itchy skin will have some time to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment